Our experience of biocompatible materials manufacturing was initiated in the 70’s with our first implantable ceramic hip prosthesis implanted by Pr Boutin and, thanks to the development of metal-ceramic brazing technologies, SCT has been offering brazed assemblies for active ceramic implants since 2007 :
- Brazed Implantable feedthroughs and housings for pacemakers
- Ceramic feedthroughs for defibrillators
- Brazed assemblies for cochlear implants
- Hermetic seals for other neurostimulator devices
SCT ensures the total project management of your implantable feedthroughs, by controlling the entire manufacturing process, from the preparation of ceramic powders to the manufacture of complete hermetic brazed ceramic implantable feedthroughs.
SCT also proposes its zirconia and alumina implantable ceramic for other medical applications such as hip joint heads and cups, medical instrumentation, laser, dental…
This inline manufacturing unit on 500 square meters, including an ISO 7 class clean room and dedicated equipment and operators, is certified ISO 13485.
Additional operations, such as welding, marking or surface protective coating (gold, silver, tin, nickel plating) are performed on request.
We guarantee our clients reproducibility and consistent manufacturing quality thanks to efficient production methods and to a monitored capability of our implantable feedthroughs.
Ceramic applications and implantable feedthroughs :
- Heart failure treatments: pacemakers, defibrillators, pumps
- Hearing implants
- Neuro–stimulation and Neuro-modulation systems
- Orthopedics and traumatology
- Medical instrumentation
- Medical scanner applications (X-ray)
For your new project, please send us your request.